Friday, March 19, 2010

My clothes are ruined! Day Game!

19/03/2010 Knox Shopping Centre

Here's my situation. Someone was stupid enough to put bleach in the washing machine and as a result ruined my clothes. So it was off to the shopping mall for some new threads. I had a $100 Myer gift card given to me by my uncle and auntie for my birthday so I thought I goto Myer and have a look. I stroll around the men's section and nothing really caught my eye, clothes or women, so I leave to check other stores. As I am leaving I see a gorgeous blonde walking along. And so it begins...

Approach #1: Super hot blonde in hot pants!
I felt that my success rate with opening direct has been pretty low so I looked back to the times I was successful with opening direct. I would always open with "you look stunning I had to come over and say hi" which would make a woman light up but then they would walk off. I found in my successful direct pickups, I followed up with something like "I was just wondering around and when I saw you I just had to meet you". From there I would transition to normal conversation and get the number close.

Today I thought I try something I got from Natural Tim from RSD. It goes along the lines of:

"My day couldn't continue unless I came over and talked to you"

(Response)

"I was minding my own business and then I saw you and I thought WOW! I have to meet this girl...My name is Khoi"

We had a quick chat but she was in a hurry and walked off. I think next time I'll try "You look stunning I had to come talk to you" then follow up with "I was minding my own business and then I saw you and I thought WOW! I have to meet this girl...My name is Khoi".

Approach #2: Roger David girls (this may not count but I thought it was worthy to mention)
I walk into Roger David and have a stroll and I say hi to one of the sales girls (I'll call her #1). She asks if I was looking for anything and I tell her about what happened to my clothes. I made light of it saying it was terrible for me but awesome for her. So we go through a number of different shirts and exchange playful banter. Then another assistant comes in (#2, cute brunette with short hair) and assists me and joins in the fun.
#2 picks out a shirt for me and I try it on. I tell her it looks a little gay on me and playfully tease her and she seems to respond well. Once trying a number of shirts we lay the shirts out on the counter and the 3 of us look at my option. I continue to banter with them. I picked out two shirts and asked the girls to put them on hold while I check out other stores.

I went past a few men's clothing stores and found that the shirts were a little too loud for me. I went to YD to have a quick browse and had a chat with the store girl but found her to be abit of a bimbo so I head back to Roger David to get my shirts.

When I come back, #2 was in the store on her own. As I pay for my shirt she says she recognises me from somewhere and I asks if she goes out often. She says she like to goto classy places. I say I regularly goto Spice Market which she too goes to. She gives me my shopping bag and I take the interaction abit further by asking what she has planned for the rest of the day. I then make a warm read saying she does her job part time while she's studying. I turn out to be wrong but then she opens up about how she's travelled and she says that she's working until she's old enough to join the police force and it's something she's always wanted to do. She also talks about how her father sent her to travel Europe when she was 15 for a whole year and that blew me away. As I began to feel a connection was being built I started to think as to whether or not I should get her number. Then a guy she knew came in and I wimped out.

I guess this was worth mentioning as I felt I was putting alot of the conversation skills I have been working on to practice and I really enjoyed participating in the interaction. It shows me what could be possible if I continue to practice my conversation skills regularly. It also gives me a reminder of why I do what I do and that can only be a good thing.

A few things to take away:
- I might have come across as a little to threatening when I approached the hot blonde direct.
- keep listening out for cues. I'm only gonna get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment