Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daygame 08/11/2010: Melbourne CBD

My calves are about to explode. I went for a run around Albert Park lake with Almog. He showed me how to run properly which involved running mainly on the balls of my feet. It was stupid of me to even consider walking around the city and yet I did it anyway.

I'm chilling at my apartment when I get a text from Daryl to catch up. I ask him to meet me at my place. He arrives at my doorstep and we goto wonder the city for abit. There's not much going around...actually there were heaps of gorgeous ladies. I was just being a pussy. On top of that I was kinda dressed like a lame pirate. In pirate shorts, white shirt and a black beanie. I wore a beanie as I haven't used conditioner on my head and my scalp was flaking. It looked quite embarassing. I think how I was dressed was stopping me from approaching.

Approach #1: Miss Ireland
We goto Fed Square where there is only one cute girl who is sitting on her own. Blonde and wearing all black. Every other girl there looked like they were with their boyfriends. Daryl and I walk past the blonde and stand behind her. I'm standing there fighting with my internal dialogue to determine if I'm going to talk to her or not. Daryl is pushing me to get in there. After a few moments I think "fuck it!" I sit next to her and say "hi!" She says "hi!"

Me: I thought you were really cute I had to come talk to you
Her: Thankyou (glow face)

I find out what she's upto. She's come to meet up with her friends and she only has a few days left. She's from Ireland and I ask her what she misses most about being away from home. Then we talk abit about Melbourne. As she talks I stop her and say "you know you have these deep ocean blue eyes" and hold contact for half a moment. Maybe not long enough. Then I snap back into normal conversation. She was really cool and wanted to know abit about what I was upto as well. I go for the number close but she says she has a boyfriend (but he's back in Ireland...). "Cool we can be best friends" I say. She gives me her number. We talk for a little bit more then I eject.

I sent her a text not long after in which she replied almost straight away. I'm not sure if I will be able to follow up as I'll be in Adelaide for the weekend and by the time I get back, she'll be long gone. What I got from this is when there is no pressure, I can hold a conversation well. I felt like I didn't have to come up with something good to say all the time.

Approach #2: Metal mouth
It's abit late in the afternoon and I'm starving. Daryl and I decide to grab a bite. Once I finish eating we decide to wonder around the city again. I spot a tall blonde in a sexy corporate outfit. I stop her and open direct. She lights up and smiles (she had cute little braces on). It gets a little awkward and she walks off.

Approach #3: Cute artsy brunette.
It's time for me to go home. I'm waiting at the traffic lights. Daryl is on the phone and next to him is cute artsy girl. Short hair, red lipstick and this cute little dress. She's looking around and I try to lock eyes with her. No joy. We cross the road and she storms ahead of us. Daryl and I are walking towards Myer and I see her standing by herself. I stop right in front of her. "Hi!" I said. She says "hi!"

I open direct and she lights up. She is waiting for a friend and I ask her "so what would your friends say they would like about you?" I give her some space to respond and she says she's nice. I ask her to elaborate further. In which she does but then she throws it back on me which I respond comfortably. She also mentions shes a musician and I find out what it is she enjoys about music which she seems happy to tell me. Her friend then comes along and she introduces me to her. I ask her friend if there is anything I should be worried about with artsy girl. Daryl comes in and we talk for abit more. From there I ask for her number and she happily gives it to me. We speak for abit more before saying goodbye. I text her not long after.

I look back at the first and last approaches today and I am surprised at how comfortable I was and how smooth the interactions seemed to go. The interactions were abit understated but yet I was able to keep things light.

No comments:

Post a Comment