Wednesday, November 24, 2010

An extension of me...

I just came home after a night out at 29th apartment in St Kilda. I spent most of my Wednesday nights there last summer. Anyway, I had about 3-4 beers and my bladder was a little weak as well as being a little tipsy. The toilets were limited so I had to wait in line. After a few beers I went to the toilet and like everyone else I waited in line. As I am waiting some guy just rushes straight into the toilet ahead of me. I think to myself 'oi! It's my turn'. I wait till he does his business, leaves then I take my turn.

Later on nature calls again and so I wait in line as everyone else does. I'm next in line and again some guy goes in front of me. Now this time something took over me. It was like a sudden blood rush. I pushed the door wide open and as the door was about to come back I punched a hole in the door. The guy looked at my scared shitless. I punched another hole in the door and he freaked out and turned into a shadow of himself and walked out. That moment where he thought he had the power to do what he want was taken away from him by a rush of blood to my head. In the moment I felt powerful. Being able to turn a man into a little boy. Do I feel bad about this? No. Why? There was a time in my life where I felt I could do whatever I wanted. There was a time where I stood up for myself. There was a time where I was fearless. Yet somewhere in between being born and walking into adulthood, this sense of power was taken away from me. I became a pushover. I became an easy target. I became a minion. I became powerless. I have no sense of control over my life.

Call it as you may, but as I right this with a bloody fist, this is the most powerful I have felt in a very long time and it feels fucking amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment