Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm not the only one doing this

20/02/2010

Yesterday was a pretty good day for daygame. I guess it was because I had people with me with the same idea in mind, meeting beautiful women. My first impression of the guys from the Melbourne Lair was a negative one. From the people I had met, they were all talk and no action. Yes, in the beginning I was a little shy and had little experience but at least I was willing to give it a shot. So at the time I thought the Lair was a waste of time so I thought I do this on my own. Of those people I met when I first joined the Lair, I dont't think any of them are still actively trying to improve themselves.

More recently I have been more active on the Lair by attending some of their free seminars and also attending their wing nights. In this time I have been more active on the Lair my perception has changed. I've have been fortunate enough to meet some awesome guys who are willing to take action in the effort to take control of their lives. I feel this is my opportunity to give back as I have been very fortunate to have the success I've had so far. I see a great bunch of guys who I feel are in a much better place than I was when I first started learning pick-up. Even though I am not where I want to be in terms of bringing quality women into my life, I feel that I can relate to guys in my situation and help direct them to where they need to go based on the experiences I've had so far.

Soooo...I wake up this morning and text some of the lair guys to see if they were down for abit of day game. Most of the guys turned me down and I thought to myself "I got some stuff to do. Maybe tomorrow." Then I get a call from Sammy, a guy I'm doing the Approach Energy class with. One of the guys I texted passed my number onto him. He was down for daygame so it was off to the city we go!

Approach #1: HELP! RAPE!...Well not really.
Sammy and I were walking along Swanston St and I spot a cute blonde walking towards me. I go in and approach but as I am walking towards her I see an even better blonde walk towards me. I walk towards her and give her a light touch and she freaks out. I open mild direct but I think by this point she was looking to get rid of me.

Approach #2: Cute blonde on her lunch break
Sammy and I were walking along the makeup section in Bourke St mall and I spot a gorgeous blonde in her work outfit. I open mild direct and she was very receptive. I must admit I was talking abit too fast and I was very nervous. I go for the close but she says she has a boyfriend though she was happy to give me her email.

Approach #3: She looks cute from behind...let's see how she looks in front.
I see a girl walking inside Melbourne Central. Now she looks alright from behind but I had to find out how she looks from the front. So I go after her and open direct. She doesn't look too bad but shes Asian...I don't really go for Asian girls but anyway I kept going with it. I felt there was a bit of a language barrier I had to deal with but she was very receptive. She has come over to Australia to study her masters. Very impressive. I go for the number close by which she is happy to give. Now she's cute but for me personally I don't think I want to pursue this further. I just don't think my heart will be in it.

Approach #4: Flirty saleswoman
I see Sammy talking to one of the salesgirls at a skincare stand, he seems to be doing well so I walk into Politix to check out some blazers. There were only guys in the store but I'm in need of some new threads so I tried on a few jackets. Once done I saw Sammy still chatting with the sales girl so I thought I come over and have a chat with one of the other sales girls. I ask her what she has to sell and she goes over her products. She's showing me the product range while I throw abit of playful banter with her. She's very recpetive and is playing along with it. Anyway long story short, I came in with no intention of buying anything to almost considering buying their products...I must say I'm no skincare expert but I was very impressed.

Approach #5: Jetty Surf chick
I think by this point I had walked way too many laps around the city, so I decide to goto Bourke St mall and sit on the bench and look out for any pretty ladies. I look over across the road and I spot a gorgeous blonde walk across the road and I'm feeling reluctant to approach. Then I see a couple of Lair guys from across the road looking at the same girl and I'm thinking to myself "Shit! OK I have to do this." So I get up and walk towards her and open direct. She was very receptive and we were exchanging some playful banter. I go for the close but she says she has a boyfriend then I say we can be best friends. She says she works at Jetty Surf and to come see her there. We exchange a few more words before we part ways. I think I might have scored myself some cheap snowboarding gear...we'll see how that goes.

Approach #5: Blonde in elegant dress
So after I approach the Jetty Surf chick the Lair guys I saw earlier, Dean and Ling, walked over to say hi. Turns out they're here for the same reason I am so we decide to continue together. We are walking along Elizabeth St and I spot a gorgeous blonde in an elegant summery dresss. I walk after her and open direct she seems quite open at first but the interaction seems to drop. I go for the close but she says she has a boyfriend so we part ways.

Approach #6: Cute blondie
Ling and I were sitting at the steps at fed square while Dean was talking to a cute brunette. I thought he was doing very well. He comes back and sits with us and we decide it's slim pickings here and we should try Bourke St mall. As we leave Dean spots a girl going one way and a girl going another. I see the blonde and Dean says "I'll approach this one and you approach that one." I'm like "done!" so I walk after the blondie. She stops at the traffic lights with "how's your day going?" She doesn't seem very responsive but I keep going. I couldn't get her to open up so much so I figure I let her go.

Approach #7: Alex!
Alex is a girl I met a few months ago. At the time it was her first day in Australia and I remember we had a really fun and playful interaction. All I could get at the time was her facebook so I rolled with that. Dean, Ling and I were walking along Collins and as I am walking I see her from hy peripheral vision and I quickly turn look away then turn back and I'm like "Alex!" We have a chat about her adventures in Australia and what I've been upto. We agree to have a drink later on so I get her number.

Things to take away:
- Lair guys are great to kick start you into some interactions
- I can see some dramatic improvements
- Women are fun to talk to
- A little bit of momentum goes a long long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment