Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Work...my situation

Currently I work for the NAB as a mainframe computer operator. When I first started I had the energy and the enthusiasm any just out of uni graduate would have. I was keen to learn and I was eager to put my hand up for anything that would come up.

I guess in recent times I have begun to feel abit drained from the routine and grind from handling repetitive task as well as handing major incidents whereby people aren't taking responsibility for their own problems. It's hard to handle these problems because you know they're going nowhere and to top it off we have to fill in paperwork to document it.

So far my blog has document my progress in pick-up as well has my personal development but, as requested by my coach (Matt), I am now putting in entries highlighting my progress at work. I have benefitted alot from journaling my progress in pick-up. I feel like writing down what has happened during my interactions has allowed my to clear up the conscious mind and allow subconscious to do the learning. It also gives me a clear chronological progression of my development over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment