Monday, January 17, 2011

Intent and Focus

In the last couple of weeks I have taken more risk and I have been a lot more bolder than I have ever been and I am starting to reap the benefits from it when going out to meet women.

On paper I will appear that I am great with women but the reality is that it is far from the truth. While I don't doubt I have the tools to seduce beautiful women, I lack the focus required to be getting results. I thought it had a lot to do with my inner beliefs yet I can come up with heaps of examples where guy aren't technically as able as me or have beliefs which are even more convoluted or contrived as mine and yet they are getting more solid results with women than I am. I thought it may have something to do with my insecurities with my sexuality. However, I can come up with examples of guys I know who feel uncomfortable when I mention the word sex who have had sex more than I have in recent times. I can name dozens of reasons to explain why my success with women has been limited and I can point out a number of guys who have the same reasons or even worse and yet they have more sex than me.

Intent seems to be the big buzzword in the community at the moment but to me I had been expressing intent as more of a technique rather than an extension of my being. As a result the direction of my intent was scattered and it didn't seem I was getting my message across. While I have been told my intent is strong, I was not getting desired results. There are guys out there who don't show any intent in any shape or form yet they are getting results. Why is that?

I feel my breakthroughs recently come down to focus. Where is it being directed? Some may argue intent and focus are the same thing and you may be right. From my experience I feel they are different. I feel intent is associated with the behaviours, thoughts and actions exhibited in getting an outcome. Focus is associated with where my attention is directed in getting an outcome. So while my behaviours and actions exhibited are directed towards seducing women (touching, flirting, etc.) my attention isn't (make-out, sex, date, etc.).

My focus has been more along the lines of what will the woman think of me rather than what do I want? As a result my intent comes across as scattered and so has my success. While I knew this was the issue on a logical level, to experience the outcome as a result of scattered intent has made me learn to redirect my focus which serves to achieve my desired experience with women.

My level of focus with women is also a reflection on my level of focus in other areas of life. My goals don't quite align with each other and sometimes I do feel a little overwhelmed by what I've put myself into. Focus is, right now, my area of focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment