Friday, May 21, 2010

As I am typing this, I've only had 4 hours sleep so forgive me if this seems all over the place. I was woken up by a text this morning. It was from a girl I used to see. We had hung out the night before:
"Shame you had to leave before I could say thanks...I wanted to tell you I think everything happens for a reason, before we met I wasn't sure what I wanted & you've helped me to figure it out. I hope you can understand that while I can't maintain our friendship I'm so greatful we met. x"

I met her a few months back and we developed a strong bond together. Someone who is smart, funny, quirky, ambitious, grounded in her core values... I must admit I had feelings for her. Even though we were people from two different worlds we seemed to have some kind of connection.

I'm sitting here not knowing what to think. Part of me says "it's OK. There's plenty of women out there." While that may be true I can't help but feel gutted by this.

No comments:

Post a Comment