Thursday, August 12, 2010

A date with movie moment girl

As I was putting together my last field report I get a text from movie moment girl.

Her: I'm at spice market :) cooool spot
Me: thanks for the invite young lady!
Her: Haha where are you?
Me: in the city (I love that I live in the city)
Her: Drink? Wrapping up here...
Me: how long are you sticking around for?
Her: Haha another half unless you come
Me: give me about 20

I arrive at Spice Market and she's sitting with two guys trying to hit on her. I come in and say greet movie moment girl and introduce myself to the two guys. They work for a bank and are upping themselves about how cool they are. We chat for abit. They guys ask how we know each other. She says we have the same god grandmother and we haven't seen eachother since she died 6 months ago. I see she doesn't want them around so I say "let's go get that drink." We sit in the VIP area and we grab some cocktails. She's smoking hot. However she loves to talk. She's in PR and she's highly connected. I figure if I don't get lucky with her at least I'll have a friend who is in with the elite. I talk about how I am into self development and how I like to help others. We are sharing a fun vibe with abit of flirting and teasing.

I comment on how I like how she is very expressive and I ask her about it. She talks abit about it and then goes onto a spiel about God and Jesus. Please no! Not another Jesus freak! I try to cut it off but she keeps going on about God and the bible. Luckily for me she left her scarf on the other side of the venue. This gave me a minute to assess the situation and escape. She comes back and I tell her I have and early one tomorrow. I give her a hug and kiss goodbye and we agree to meet on the weekend.

Jesus freak I know! but I got in this game to be able to network with successful people and I think she is someone I can add to my network.

No comments:

Post a Comment