Monday, March 22, 2010

City Blitz...well maybe not...

22/03/2010: Melbourne CBD
On Sunday I had attended the Approch Energy class. A practical workshop focused on seduction. In the workshop we focused on opening, some basic conversation and getting the number. After the class I thought back to the two interactions I had at Knox shopping centre and found some ways I could have taken the interaction further. Today I was really excited and I wanted to try some of my new skills out. I also wrote down and told myself I was going to do 10 approaches. So off to the city I go.

Approach #1: Blonde cutie from New Zealand

As I'm walking along Southbank I had already past some gorgeous women and I'm thinking "quick approach! quick approach someone!". Thinking this may turn out to be one of those days I do laps around the city without an approach a gorgeous blonde is walking towards me and I stop her.

"I know this is out of the blue but you're gorgeous I had to come over and say hi"

She acknowledges and starts to walk off so I walk with her (one of the things I learnt from the approach energy class). Turns out she's from New Zealand, going shopping and she's on her own.

From there I could have done more. She had given me some information to work with. She's travelling. Is she here for adventure? How does Melbourne compare to New Zealand?... Shopping. Anything in particular? I could have gone on a tangent on fashion. Window shopping. Dreamer. She is on her own...acknowledge it. It's amazing how she's travelled on her own. It must take alot of courage. When you are out of your comfort zone, this is where you start to find more about yourself. This is where I'm starting to find out about myself.

Approach #2: two blondes from England
I approach who I thought was the cute one with the same direct approach. We had what I thought was an awkward interaction and also tried to get her friend involved who was alot cuter. I go for a number close but they weren't interested. Again I had alot to work with here. Both are overseas. Both are here together. I need to get out of my head and start being more aware of what is being given to me.

Approach #3: gorgeous brunette in summery outfit
I'm walking along Swanston St and I see a gorgeous brunette in a flowy dress. I start going after her and I comment her on her outfit. She's in a hurry so I decide to go with her. She goes to uni...there's something to use there. I go for the close but she says she has a boyfriend. I go one step further and say we can be best friends which gets a quick laugh. She still not interested so we part ways.

I think so far I have been maybe talking too fast. I need to slow the interaction down to my pace. I think this will allow me to work some magic.


Approach #4: blonde waiting at the traffic light

I'm waiting at the traffic lights and a blonde stops next to me. I come over and ask "how's your day been?" she lights up with a smile and she says great. We have a quick exchange before she walks off. She's working today. I could have used that and weather. Weather is a great conversational survival topic. I'm going to use it abit more. We'll alot more.

Approach #5: bitchy brunette
I'm about to approach halftime so I figure I need a buzzer beater. I see a slim cute brunette walk by so I go direct. She doesn't give me the time of day and walks off. Thankyou! I know you're not the type of person I want to be with :)

Approach #6: brunette with a white flowy top
I'm walking along Collins St towards Elizabeth and I see a stunning brunette in a summery outfit walk past. I turn into Collins and go after her. When I catch upto her I comment on her outfit. She opens up and we exchange quick banter before she walks off. She works as a telemarketer...I could have done abit more with that.

So far a common theme has been work. Where can I go with this? Time of day. Weather. Some little things I can do in the day to take the interaction abit further and find something I can connect with abit quicker.


Approach #7: tall gorgeous blonde in hot pants!

I'm walking across the road when this gorgeous blonde walks past. I turn around and open direct and she walks off. I think I could have done alot more to push the interaction further. I could have continued to walk with her and continued talking.

Approach #8: two girls seem good from afar
Well that wasn't the case when I got closer. I opened with "do I look gay?" We had a quick chat and they walked off. I don't think this should count because I wasn't putting my skills in to practice.

A few things to take away:
- Slow the interaction down. I think I will be able to work better and think on my feet when I'm interacting at my pace.
- Go one step further. Just as you're about to lose the set do something to try continue it.
- Work was a common theme today. I need to think of ways to use it to my advantage
- I think I shouldn't go for such a high target just yet as I think I'm just focused on just approaching alone and not taking the interaction further. If I cut down my target to say five I think I'll be more focused on having quality interactions.
- It wasn't my best day and nothing bad came out of it. Just experiences that I can learn from and use to make be better.
- I'm as good as I can be in this moment. I expect nothing more or nothing less. Every failure is a brick in my palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment