Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Here we go again...

23/03/2010: Chaddy/Melbourne CBD

After the disappointment in the quality of approaches yesterday I decided to cut down the number of approaches to something more manageable (5). That way I could focus more on the quality of interactions rather than just racking up the numbers.

Approach #1: stunning brunette in a very elegant outfit
I had abit of time on my hands before I had to go to a meeting later in the day so I thought I goto Chaddy and get some approaches down. As soon as I walked into the shopping centre I was already getting in my head. Stunner after stunner would walk past me and I could not get myself to approach. So I figure I leave and make my way to the meeting.

As I am leaving I see this beautiful brunette walk towards me and I could say almost automatically I opened direct. "I know this is kind of random but I had to talk to you because you are very beautiful." She lights up with a beaming smile and we have a quick chat. She mentioned she worked in real estate and I was quick to follow up with "so what would your dream house look like?" We continue some friendly banter and I go for the number close. A little hesitant at first but then she happily gives it to me. I leave with this feeling in my stomach. Really weird but I have to say I was feeling awesome :)

Approach #2: gorgeous French blonde
So I had finished my meeting and I head to the CBD to get the rest of my approaches down. I walking along Southbank and I walk past this beautiful blonde girl wandering around. She seems lost. I continue to walk but then I think to myself "fuck it!" and go after her. I catch up to her and again I open direct. "I know this is kind of random but I had to talk to you because you are very beautiful." She's very receptive and I notice she has an accent. She's from France and is looking for work. We talk about the comparisons between France and Melbourne and then she asks me if I know any places which sell cheap food. I try go for the instadate but she has to meet up with friends. I get her number and offer to show her a few neat places around melbourne. 2/2! This is too good to be true.

Approach #3: mother and daughter...whoops! wrong one!
I'll be quick on this. Two blondes I went for the older one. Bombed out! haha

Approach #4: cute blonde with a friend
Direct approach. Conversation didn't really go anywhere. My use of conversational transitions could have been better. What adventures have you been upto today? This may have got a better response rather than "How has your day been?" I go for the number close though whether I got the number or not it was quite a weak interaction.

Approach #5: the most amazing blonde I've seen all day.
I'm walking along Elizabeth St and look across the road and see an amazing blonde walk the other way. I turn back and cross the road and catch up to her. "I know this is kind of random but I had to talk to you because you are very beautiful." She instantly lights up and we get into some friendly banter. She's very receptive and I go for the number. Turns out she has a boyfriend. So I gracefully part ways with her.

Things to take away:
- "I know this is kind of random but I had to talk to you because you are very beautiful." Works really well.
- Find some ways to approach mixed sets.
- I think this is the best I have done on my own so pat on the back.
- Need to polish my closing
- I'm getting alot better at this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment