Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In the city for some more.

30/03/2010: Melbourne CBD
I'm not gonna lie to you, I was emotionally affected by how I went on Monday. Sometimes as much as you hate to admit it words can hurt. Blowouts really suck! But I can't stop now. I've come a long way in the past few months and if I were to stop now I know that I would be beating myself up for it for the rest of my life. So Tuesday I went to the city to start all over again.

Approach #1: Cute blondie (I think every blonde I've mentioned here is cute)
I'm walking along Swanston and I see a cute blonde trying to charge through the crowd. There's abit of approach anxiety but I do it anyway. I catch up to her and I open "Melbourne people just don't walk fast enough." She giggles and I follow up with "it's funny how people will walk along and not talk to nobody" anyway we have a quick chat. Vibe is abit low energy but I seem to hold her attention. She mentions she has a boyfriend but I keep the conversation flowing. I go ahead and number close her which she is happy to do.

I played the questions guy here. There was abit to work with here which could have made the interaction alot more solid.

Approach #2: fair skinned Finnish girl
I'm walking towards Myer when I see a slim blonde walk out of Myer. I follow her and I see she is trying to rush through the crowd. I was going to open with "Melbourne people don't walk fast enough" but she was wearing earphones. So I get her attention and open mild direct. She didn't seem so receptive but I keep going. I go for the number close but she says she has a boyfriend so I facebook close.

Approach #3: hot blonde blowout!
I did exactly just that. I blew out! I see a gorgeous blonde walk past me and I'm hesitant at first but then I thought "fuck it!" I turn around and open mild direct. She seems receptive at first but then she says shes in a hurry. I go for the number close and I get a hard "NO!" and she walks off.

Approach #4: cute brunette in cute outfit
So I've done a few laps around the city and I'm abit drained so I decide to check out crown. As I'm walking there I see a cute brunette walking towards me. I open with "I know this is kind of random but I just had to come over and say that is a lovely outfit." She lights up and she says "thankyou". I left thinking she stopped why didn't I take it further? I guess the previous approaches may have discouraged me to take things abit further.

Approach #5: Cute brunette in jeanie pants.
I'm walking under the tunnel at Flinder St station and I see a gorgeous brunette in front of me. I chase after her and open mild direct. She didn't quite hear me the first time and I had to repeat myself. I think I was talking too fast. Also my body language may have been too investing as she seemed to have lost her balance and fall back wards. Anyway she was in a rush so I go for the number close but she say she has a boyfriend. I take it further by saying we should be best friends but it doesn't go any further.

A few things to take away:
- Slow it down! Slow motion baby
- calibrate body language
- it's these days that will add up over time which will make you good at this

No comments:

Post a Comment