Monday, July 26, 2010

I always say yes when I really mean no

This has always been a problem for me and it is becoming more of a problem for me as I am having a greater influence on others. Saying yes to everything even when I mean no. I think this comes from my desire to be liked and fear of becoming lonely. I really don't like the idea of hurting people as it leaves me with this bad feeling in my stomach.

I see myself as the type of person who goes out of his way to help others. If someone asks for my help I am happy to take time out of my schedule to do so. In more recent times it has made me exhausted and taken away from my time to develop myself. Helping others to me is a natural impulse for those who ask for it. I don't expect anything in return as I feel it is my purpose to be in service to others.

I will continue to help others, however it should not be at the cost of my own development. I think I need to learn to say no more often. I need to understand that my time is important to me and that others will not judge me for it. I am not a selfish person. I also need to understand that in the times I am developing myself, I will be better equipped to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment