Wednesday, June 16, 2010

10 people I admire

1. Michael Jordan
I admire Michael Jordan because of his resilience and his desire to succeed. He is an amazing leader who inspires his teammates to win. I also like that he has a warm presence and has a positive influence on peoples lives.

2. Bruce Lee
I admire Bruce Lee for his transcendence of martial arts. During his time martial arts were only limited to people of Asian background. Bruce Lee opened martial arts to the western world. He also went against traditional masters and pursued different styles believing that what would work for one person may not work for another. Taking what works and throwing away what doesn't. A true pioneer. Like myself he wasn't accepted amongst the Asian community for not being "Asian". I admire his as he was able to transcended barriers of race, religion, tradition, culture.

3. Andre Agassi
I love his intensity. Agassi changed the way tennis was played. Hitting one in a million shots consistently. You can see that his stlye is a major influence on the players of today. He was a massive influence on me when I played tennis when I was younger. My dynamic style of play was inspired by him. I also love his intensity and resilience.

4. My Dad
My dad has had to deal with alot. Captured and held prisioner for 6 years by the communists after the Vietnam War. He survived and travelled to Australia to build a better life for us. He returned to school and went to university until he got sick.
I admire my dad for his stubborn resilience. He is warm and caring and I sometimes take it for granted.

5. Richard Branson
As a dyslexic and being told he would never succeed. He used his strengths, his ability to connect with people, to build a multi-billion dollar empire. He is successful in spite of those who told him he would never be. I also admire that even with all his success, he is very personable and giving.

6. Roger Federer
I admire him for his dominant yet warm and honest presence. So strong that his opponents are actually happy to lose to him. I feel a true man is able to kill yet be warm and humble at the same time.

7. Kobe Bryant
Like Michael Jordan, he has this amazing intensity when the plays basketball and shares the same qualities that Jordan has only he does it differently. Kobe seems to be alot more smoother in how he projects himself.

8. Wanderlei Silva
I admire Wanderlei Silva because he fights with his heart. There may be technically better fighters out there but you know when this guy fights he is putting himself out there with no fear of whether he is going to win or lose. This is a trait I am trying to develop for myself. To be able to express myself without fear taking over me.

9. Michael Jackson
A pioneer. His style has influenced my dancing in a big way. When he performs you know he is coming from the heart. He inspires others to achieve their dreams.

10.Tupac Shakur
His lyrics hit me on a deep level. When he is rapping he is coming from the heart. I haven't listened to any of his music recently. I think I'll pull some tracks out tonight.

A common theme amongts these people are that they are expressive in what they do, they are hard working and they feel a duty to influence the lives of others. I'd like to leave this Earth and be remembered for possessing these traits.

No comments:

Post a Comment