Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Daygame 23/06/2010: Melbourne CBD

I got in the city at about 3.30 in the afternoon. I walk out of Flinders St station and head towards Bourke St. Already, I am feeling some anxiety. I had let a few cuties walk past. I walk into 7/11 to get a drink. As I walk out I bump into Keilon Ziggy and...sorry can't remember your name. We have a bit of a chat and I'm back on my way to Bourke St. I meet up with Daryl, Sammy and Matt. They have been in the city for a while and have done quite well. We do a few laps around Bourke St but I couldn't get myself to approach. I was coming up with lame excuses (they must have been lame because I can't remember them now).

Approach #1: Cute redhead
Daryl and Sammy were in set while Matt and I were having abit of a chat. Matt spots a cute redhead walk past. I say "so are you going for her or am I?" He signalled something suggesting I should go. I run after her and before I catchup to her it appears she sees me in her peripheral so I open right there.

Me: Excuse me. I know this is totally out of the blue but I thought you were beautiful I just had to say hi. I'm Khoi
Her: (she lights up) Thankyou. I'm S
Me: So what adventures have you been upto?
Her: I'm just on my break. I work at David Jones (she sits on the bench)

After exchanging a few words I sit next to her. She says she's a makeup artist.

Me: I take it you're the creative type.
We went on a couple of different tangents which included our dreams, psychology, how she loves art...

I go for the number close but she's only interested as friends. She was reluctant to give her number so I go for her facebook. I was happy with this interaction as I feel I was taking the interaction further and getting her to invest. Sammy approached the same girl earlier in the day and she came across as boring. I'm guessing the use of warm and cold reads got more out of her and I was able to take the conversation somewhere.

Approach #2: Cute blondie
Sammy, Daryl, Matt and myself are walking inside Myer heading towards Melb central. I spot a cute blondie and I see Sammy wanting to go after her. I stop him and he agrees to let me go after her. She is walks inside Melb central when I catchup to her. I open direct. She looks at me and hastily walks off.

Approach #3: Cute blondie in leather jacket
This went the same way as the last approach only this time I didn't get in front of her when I opened. It was a disaster waiting to happen.

Approach #4: Blondie
We're at the traffic lights on the corner of Swanston St and Bourke when I spot a gorgeous blonde walk past. I walk over to her.

Me: Excuse me. I know this is totally out of the blue but I thought you were beautiful I just had to say hi. I'm Khoi
Her: Thankyou. I'm S (I notice her accent)
Me: I noticed your accent. Where are you from?
Her: I'm from the US
Me: What brings you to Melbourne?
Her: I've been studying
Me: Let me guess...accounting
Her: No but you're close. I'm in marketing
Me: I take it you're the creative type.
Her: Yeah I think so

I was running out of things to follow up with so I go for the number close.
Me: Look I'd love to stick around...you're not a serial killer are you?
Her: No. I can't say I am.
Me: Cool. Let's exchange details and we'll hangout.
Her: Sorry but I'm leaving in 3 days.
Me: Cool. I'll make quick work of it. (I don't know what I was thinking when I said that but she seems cool with it)
She gives me her number. I probably should have stuck around abit longer before going for the close.

I texted her immediately after:
Me: You'll never guess what happened after we spoke :) Khoi
Her: What's that?
Me: It's epic. Best to tell you in person. Coffee tomorrow?
Yet to hear back from her. I got 3 days so must work fast :)

Apart from the girls who didn't give me a shot, I felt that I was starting to head back in the right direction. Today I was more focused on having a quality interaction and taking things one step further rather than going for closes. I feel like my approaches in the last few weeks have felt repetitive as if I'm trying to run the same thing on every single girl expecting the same results which is retarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment