Saturday, June 19, 2010

Nightgame 19/06/2010

In the last few weeks I have been making minimal progress in terms of pick-up and I have been complacent with just getting the woman's number and letting them flake on me. I know what I am doing wrong and yet I am not taking the time to look back on the interactions and see where I have gone wrong. My journaling with pick-up has been very slim recently which probably explains why I haven't been pushing things further. Last night I went out with Sammy and a few guys from the Lair. It wasn't eventful for me but I think it's important to write my successes and failures.

I come home from work yesterday and I was spent. I only had a few hours sleep the night before and I wasn't really up for going out. I get a call from Sammy and he asks me to come with him to a singles night in Fitzroy. I'm telling him I'm tired and I got work tomorrow but he doesn't budge...OK, I'll go. Sammy picks me up from my place and we head out.

As we're driving up there Sammy talks about how he's struggled in learning pick-up and how recent events has inspired him to want to get better. Though he may not see it himself, I feel he is making some awesome progress. I feel alot of guys who get into pick-up are coming from a better place than I was when I got into pick-up. Alot of guys I meet already possess traits which I am trying to develop myself.

Anyway, we go to the singles bar and it's dead empty. There were some ladies in their 30s or 40s so we had a drink of water then left. We decide to goto Bimbos where we meet some guys from the Lair.

First set Sammy approaches and starts talking to a group of girls so I join in. I'm talking to one of the girls:
Me: What trouble are you guys plotting tonight?
Her: No trouble. We're just hanging out with friends
Me: Sure you are (sarcastic tone) I'm gonna be watching you
Her: (giggles)
Me: So what are you celebrating?
Her: It's our high school reunion
Me: Cool. So out of you guys who screwed up and who made it?
Her: (giggles)
Me: I take it you were one of the screw ups

She didn't quite receive it well and turned away. I don't think my tone was insulting or anything.

We head upstairs and join the Lair guys. We have a chat for a bit then Sammy and I hit the dancefloor. The rest of the guys join us soon after. There were some cuties out there but I couldn't get myself to open. In my peripheral I spot a girl with braids, she was fairly cute. I grab her attention, take her hand, spin and pull her in. Her hand was sticky.

Me: eww! Where have your hands been?
Her: I'm sorry! It's just water.
Me: As long as I don't get AIDS.
Her: (giggles)

I couldn't remember what I said after that. We danced for abit more and then joined the guys.

I'm dancing away and I start popping and locking. An Asian girl comes along and starts trying to mimic me. I take her hand, spin her and pull her in. We exchange a few words before she says she's going to the bar to get some drinks.

Sammy and I head to the bar and we spot two hotties on the dancefloor. I want to open but I'm really feeling the anxiety. Sammy asks "what would you open with?". I say "I wouldn't. I'd use a non-verbal opener. The music is loud I wouldn't be able to talk to her."
We hit the dancefloor and dance within their proximity waiting for an opportunity to attack. The girl I fancied started scanning around. Bang! I went in the caught her attention. I took her hand, spun her around and drew her in (one trick pony...haha).
Me: You guys are the only ones having fun here tonight
Her: I know...blah, blah
Me: what are you guys celebrating?
Her: It's my friend's birthday...she's coming later.

I introduce myself then introduce Sammy. As receptive as they were I wasn't able to push the interaction anywhere. I just wasn't feeling it last night.

Sammy saw a cute blondie sitting down and seemed to be doing well. Me and the Lair guys head to Perseverance. There was abit of a party crowd and I felt I could have done some damage but I was tired...(come to think of it, I was a pussy). I stay there for abit before Sammy came along and we headed back to Bimbos.

We head back and we see one of the two hotties from before. This time the birthday girl was there. I felt reluctant to re-initiate the interaction. I wasn't feeling it. We're on the dancefloor and some guy was giving out glowsticks which I thought was pretty cool. I'm dancing away when I spot a girl from across the room. I lock eyes with her and she comes over. We get fairly close and dance for abit. We exchange a few words and I turn back to the guys. A few more times during the night I would dance for abit but I wasn't pushing it.

I was spent and I had to goto work tomorrow. Sammy and I left. I was abit bummed out but as I am typing this and look back, it wasn't actually a bad night. Even though I wasn't feeling my best I was getting myself out there. It also helped having the support of some really cool guys. Not every night is gonna end in magic. I can't beat myself up for it. I need to learn to relax more and just have fun out there. Something I feel I have been missing in the last few of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment