Thursday, June 24, 2010

Daygame 24/06/2010: Melbourne CBD

I feel my approach trigger has been way off recently. I figure that's attributed to not keeping up the momentum while I had it. I have been feeling massive approach anxiety when I am out and it stifles me. I do manage to approach but the nerves when in set just get the better of me.

Today I was thinking about my approach trigger and tried to remember times when I had it and what I did. I think those times I was an approach machine I would let the feelings of anxiety brew across my whole body to the point where it just hurt too much that I had to approach. I kept that in mind for today.

I arrive in the city at around 1PM. I find the best time to do daygame in the city are at around 12ish when women are on their lunch breaks and about 5ish as they are going home. I'm walking around the city feeling massive approach anxiety. I've let alot of gorgeous women past me and there is all this bullshit going on in my head. For example, a cute girl would walk past me and I'd turn around to look at her and think "she's too far away now" or "she's carrying too many bags". I know this is bullshit because I've approached girls who I spot 50 metres in front of me and I have approached girls with their hands full.

Approach #1: Gorgeous blonde in an elegant black dress
Anyway, I meet up with Rey from All Stars on Bourke St. We have abit of a chat and we start hunting on Bourke St. Ahead of me I spot a blonde mane and a beautiful black dress. Not sure what her face looks like but what the hey I run after her.

Me: I know this is kinda random but I thought you were really beautiful. I had to come over and say hi. I'm Khoi
Her: Thankyou. I'm M
Me: What adventures have you been upto today?
Her: I'm on my way back to work.
Me: Let me guess...accounting
Her: No I'm IT
Me: That's awesome. Me too. Hi-5 (she hi-5s back)
We chat abit about our experiences working in IT and she just happens to throw out that she has a boyfriend while we're chatting.
Me: Cool. I have a goldfish...seeing as we're chatting about things that don't really matter.
We chat for abit more before I eject.

Didn't go smoothly but she was very accomodating which kept the interaction going. I was starting to feel good.

Approach #2: Another blonde
By now you should know I love blondes. Long before I joined the community I would go out to nightclubs, stand at the back and marvel at the platinum blondes before I'd freak out and leave the club 30 minutes after entering.

I meet up with Sammy and Matt on Bourke St. As we're walking along I spot a cute blonde in a leather jacket (I love black leather on a woman) walk in front of us. Sammy spots me looking at her and he says "go dude". "I know" I say. I turn around and go after her. I open direct and she quickly mentions she has a boyfriend and storms off.

Approach #3: Beautiful redhead sitting on bench
I hate seated sets! This girl was beautiful dressed in a fitted long coat and black skirt. I'd walk past her a few times and I couldn't get myself to go talk to her. I'm talking to Matt about how cute the redhead sitting on the bench is and how much it hurts. Reminding myself to allow the anxiety to brew around my body I reached boiling point and went to talk to her.

Me: I know this is kinda random but I thought you were really beautiful. I had to come over and say hi. I'm Khoi
Her: Thankyou. I'm N
Me: What adventures have you been upto today?
Her: I'm on my break.
Me: Let me guess David Jones. (pointing to her David Jones bag) What do you have there?
Her: Pumpkin chips. Want to try?
Me: Yeah. Why not?
Her: What are you upto today?
Me: I'm after some jeans. Are there any places you can recommend. (I was really out to buy some jeans but in the end I totally forgot). She named a few places. Then we started talking about fashion and how fashion can say alot about a person.
I made a warm read that based on how she dresses I saw her as someone confident and ambitious.

I have been using confident and ambitious alot. It seems too serious. I'm gonna start trying fun playful, adventurous...

I go for the number close. She says she has a boyfriend. I went with the goldfish thing. We chat for abit more and left.

Approach #4: Hot blonde
I'm on Bourke St and I spot a hot blonde from across the tram tracks. Wearing a skirt, long coat and scarf. There was no hesitation. I had to go.

Me: I know this is kinda random but I thought you were really beautiful. I had to come over and say hi. I'm Khoi
Her: Thankyou. I'm S
Me: What adventures have you been upto today?
Her: I've been working and now I'm on my break.
Me: Let me guess. Retail?
Her: Yeah
Me: Look I'm after some jeans...maybe you can hook me up?
Her: Sorry but I work with womenswear.
Me: What are you discriminating?
Her: Haha...no
Me: Help me out what would you recommend?
Her: I'd love to help you out but I've got 20 minutes left on my break (I was thinking here that I should have gone with her on a quick instadate but I pussied out and go for the number close)
Me: Look before you go...you're not a serial killer are you?
Her: Haha...no
Me: Let's exchange details and we'll hang out.
Her: OK

We chat for abit more and I eject.

I text her a few minutes after:
Me: You'll never guess what happened after we spoke :) Khoi
Her: What happened?
It's epic. Best to tell you in person. Coffee tomorrow?

Yet to hear back from her.

Approach #5: Hot Asian but no English or socially retarded
I'm with Rey on Bourke St and I point out an Asian girl for him to approach. He's feeling some anxiety so I figured I do it. I open direct but she says "sorry I have to go".

There's something about me and Asian girls. They don't seem to like me. Some the harshest responses I've received from women have all been Asian even when I have had no intention of picking them up. Not that I would go for Asian girls but if someone could shed some light on why they would be bitchy or cold to me would be much appreciated.

Approach #6: Wavy haired brunette
We've done a few laps in the city. We we're at Melb central and there was hardly anything there. So back to Bourke St. I spot a gorgeous brunette walking towards Myer so I run after her.
Me: I know this is kinda random but I thought you were really beautiful. I had to come over and say hi. I'm Khoi
Her: Thankyou. I'm N
Seemed to go like the other approaches. She was in retail and on her way to work or on a break. I couldn't seem to push the interaction further. It got to the point where I was in my head. I go for the close but like every other approach, she has a boyfriend.

Approach #7: David Jones blondie
I'm starting to run out of ways to describe blondes. I spot a her walk into Sportsgirl, or the Black Hole as I like to call it. Women go in there and they never seem to come out or they pop into either rubi shoes or diva which are on either side.

Luckily for me she comes out and I run after her. I open direct. As you do. She's very receptive and we have abit of a chat but she has to go back to work. So I go for the number close. Boyfriend again :( We chat for abit more and I eject.

Approach #8: Blondie with exotic name
As Sammy and I are walking towards the train station to go home I spot a beautiful blonde walking past us. I say "you know what I'm thinking?" Sammy says "GO!" I turn around and run after her.

We exchange abit of banter and then I really had to head off so I went for the number close. Boyfriend...again!

Me: Whoa wait! I've known you for like 2 minutes and 37 seconds. You're moving too fast. I need love, trust and connection before we head down that path.

It gets a laugh and we chat for abit more before I eject.

I feel today was good in that I didn't feel as hesitant to approach like I have been in the past few days. I still have to focus on pushing the interaction further and taking an opportunity when it presents itself. I see myself building abit of momentum at the moment and I am looking forward to going out abit more and smashing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment